Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Writing with Today's Technology

I have never considered myself a writer. Sure I love to read, it's something I've always had a passion for but I've never really thought about writing a novel or poetry. Today in my Intro to English class we had a guest speaker who talking about writing with today's technology.

First the guest speaker (who is a creative writing professor) talked about how technology was ruining the writing world. (Which I COMPLETELY disagree with) Then she began to talk about how it does open up publishing to anyone. No matter who you are, you are able to publishing something online through self publishing or blogs for free. She talked about how blogs offer anyone the ability to write to an audience.

Then I realized that's what I do!

image

It made me feel like a writer. I put things (like this post) out there for people to read. Even thought it may not be a ton of people, it's something. Someone other then close friends and family are reading what I write because they chose too.

It made me feel special and extremely happy. This post is basically to say thank you to the very few readers I have left after my break. Love you guys. I love what I do, and I hope to truly get back into blogging. And start making more blogging friends (most of mine decided to stop their blogs).

Anyway, what I wanted to say is basically anyone can be a writer and you might not even know that you are.



Danielle <3 nbsp="" p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book