Thursday, February 24, 2011

Beastly : The movie and book

Not sure if you remember but about a year ago I made a post about how excited I was for Beastly to be made into a movie. I'm sure you know by now Beastly started as a book by Alex Flinn. Since then she made a few other fairytale stories. Beastly is still my favorite, well maybe thats because Beauty and the Beast was my favorite Disney movie but still its a fantastic book.

If you haven't gotten the chance to read Beastly I really recommend you do, and even if you don't I think it's going to make a very good movie. Especially if you enjoy romance. Here's some information on the book and movie.


Beastly
I am a beast.
A beast!
Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright. I am a monster.
You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll, stay this way forever ruined unless I can break the spell.
Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly...beastly

I read the book around the time it first came out in 2007, I saw it in  my library and had to pick it up. I wasn't dissipointed and I'm so happy to see it being made into a movie. Here's the movie trailer...


Alex Pettyfer! Do I need to say more? I have loved Alex since I saw him the the movie Alex Rider and the Stormbreaker in 2006. It was one of his first movie and since then I have been in love with him. He was also great in Wild Child (with Emma Roberts) and I Am Number Four (which I just saw this weekend, review coming soon). 

The first post I made about Beastly last year I thought it was coming out June 30th. That never happened, and before that I spent a year waiting for the movie. I have been following Beastly's progress for a long time and I'm so excited to FINALLY see it come to a big screen. I'm also glad that the release date can't get pushed back AGAIN.

So who is looking forward to Beastly? Has anyone else read the book? Leave a comment!

--Danielle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book