Friday, February 4, 2011

Trends In YA: Beautiful Covers

I haven’t done one of these since 2010! I’m so sorry!!!! I have been packed with school work with finals and new classes. I have no math homework today so I’m writing as many posts as I can. Anyway here’s the Trend in YA for today…
Beautiful Covers!

This is a slightly different trend then I have been doing, but a new year calls for new things right? I have definitely have been noticing a large number of beautiful covers in Barnes and Nobles lately. Here are just a few of them.
Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)
This has to be one of my favorite covers EVER! I was in love with the one on the ARC but it person it blew me away. This is one you have to see in person. P.S. I really want her dress. :)

Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)
I just keep staring at that flower. It's beautiful, the whole cover is. I love how the focus is on the flower and the girl in the back is blurred. The purples. blues, reds and yellows work wonderfully together. This just is just perfect. period. Best in the series.

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)
This one has a REVERSIBLE cover! How can you do better then a reversible cover? You can't. Both covers are beautiful. The colors in this one are eye catching and beautiful. It captures the attention of both the science fiction novel lovers and the romantics. (I loved this book, if you haven't read it yet GO READ!)

Wither (Chemical Garden, #1)
This one is just so different. The circles have you focus you attention on certain aspects of the cover. That's something different that I haven't seen before. The green and blue color scheme is also very pretty.
Entwined
This cover reminds me of Unearhtly. I'm not sure why, maybe it's just because they are both incredibly beautiful. The font in the middle is very pretty. I also love the design on the outer parts of the cover. It has a delicate feel to it. The castle in the background I didn't notice at first but it's a very nice touch. The colors all work together perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book