Thursday, September 29, 2011

Book Trailers and Eve as a TV show?

This morning I was on YouTube and I stumbled upon the HarperTeen channel and found a few really great book trailers. Personally, i usually don't like book trailers yet they seem to be getting better and better. Here are a few on my favorites that I just found.

Eve by Ana Carey 

I reviewed this one over the summer and while my feelings on Eve were a little iffy I just fell in love with the trailer. It is PERFECT for the book. Also did you catch the "From the Producers of the Vampire Diaries" caption  Well from what I here they are creating a TV show for Eve right now! Personally I think Eve will make a fantastic TV show. It seems many books are going in this route now. Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, and Chloe King are a few.


Being the sequel to Bright Young Things, already makes me super excited to read Beautiful Days by Anna Godberson. However this trailer made me sequel in anticipation to get my hands on Beautiful Days.  The trailer was haunting, suspenseful, and just everything that makes me love a book trailer. Also I am writing a paper on women of the 1920's. While I can't use this for my paper, I'll have fun telling people to "Go away I'm doing research for my thesis paper." 

From the HarperTeen's channel I stumbled upon Simon and Schuster's and there I found this great book trailer. 


I was already looking forward to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer but after this trailer I want to go out and buy a copy right this second. This is with out a doubt the best book trailer I have EVER seen. From the music to the actors, and the suspense it builds. Really just the best book trailer ever. 

Then after watching so many book trailers, I went to check out Little Brown's selection. 


I'm in the middle of reading this one now and the trailer is just captivating. From the music to the colors, I wouldn't have picked anything else for the Daughter of Smoke and Bone's trailer. The noel is just as good and addicting so far as well.

I could keep talking about the trailers that I stumbled upon today but then this would be way to long. However, since this was about all trailers I loved, tomorrow I'll be doing a post on trailers that just didn't cut it for me. 

Whats your favorite book trailer? 
--Danielle

1 comment:

  1. It is quite strange that a book became a tv series. I think that it is great that excellent books get the same treatment.

    ReplyDelete

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book