Monday, August 9, 2010

Raised By Wolves (review)

I just realized that my posts aren't posting. Thanks Blogger. So I hoping this one works. If not I'm not sure what I'll do .... It worked!!!


Raised By Wolves

By Jennifer Lynn Barnes
My Copy: from the library
Summary: Adopted by the Alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue wolf brutally killed her parents right before her eyes, fifteen-year-old Bryn knows only pack life, and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it. That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two.

But when her curiosity gets the better of her and she discovers Chase, a new teen locked in a cage in her guardian's basement, and witnesses him turn into a wolf before her eyes, the horrific memories of her parents' murders return. Bryn becomes obsessed with getting her questions answered, and Chase is the only one who can provide the information she needs.

But in her drive to find the truth, will Bryn push too far beyond the constraints of the pack, forcing her to leave behind her friends, her family, and the identity that she's shaped?

Review: I’ve never really liked werewolf novels, actually at the moment I can’t even think of one that stands out to me. Well that changed after I started Raised By Wolves. I just couldn’t put this one down.

I liked every character in the whole book, even the villains. Am I crazy? Liking the villain? Well I didn’t like the villain as a person (he was EVIL) but I liked to read about him. I have a problem with some villains in YA novels. I feel that you have to have a good villain to have a good plot and story.

Also with liking the villain I loved the main character. Bryn is a strong and independent personality. She just wants to be her own person, and not let the werewolves run her life, and invade her mind. Bryn and a few other characters had a great sarcasm that made me laugh even in the middle of the most intense moments. It reminded me a bit of The Mortal Instruments series.

The romance between Chase and Bryn was compelling yet strange. I’m not sure how to explain it. I do think they fit well together, I just wished we knew a bit more about Chase. Since there was other things going on their romance took the backseat.

I would recomend this book to everyone, whether your a werewolf fan or not. Once you start you won't be able to put this book down.

--Danielle
P.S. I can’t wait for the sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book