Thursday, December 2, 2010

Journey To The Past: Once Upon A Marigold

Journey To The Past: When most people go to the bookstore or library they look at the new releases, but what about all those other books? They deserve some love too. So once a week I write about a slightly older book.

It's been a VERY long time since I've done one if these. Hopefull yi'll be able to get back into doing one once a week again.

Once Upon A Marigold
By: Jean Ferris
Published in 2002
Amazon
Thoughts: ‘Part comedy, part love story, part everything-but-the-kitchen-sink’ is the line on the cover used to describe Once Upon A Marigold. I agree with it completely. The story is about Christian who is infatuated with a princess, Princess Marigold. Only he’s just a commoner who lives with a troll and has no hope of ever being with Marigold. Christian grows up watching the Princess across the river until one day he decides to pigeon-mail her. This starts their conversations and love story. Once Christian turns 18 he gets a job at the palace to be near her. Then, of course, there’s an evil Queen that wants to get rid of Marigold so she can have the Kingdom. Christian tries to save the young princess, who also has a secret.

Once Upon A Marigold is a fun, witty fairytale. That keeps me entertained every time I read it. If you love fairytales like me, you’ll fall in love with the world and characters that Jean Ferris created. Then when you’re finished you can go on to the sequel. I haven’t been able to read it yet but I have heard great things about it, so I expect it to be just a great as Once Upon A Marigold.



--Danielle
On the topic of fairytales has anyone seen Tangled? I went to see it last Saturday and loved every part of it. It’s one of the best Disney movies I’ve seen in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book