Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Review: Vampire Crush

Vampire CrushVampire Crush
By: A.M. Robinson
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published December 28th 2010 
Summary:
I swear, my life was always totally normal.
Normal house, normal family, normal school. My looks are average, I don't have any superpowers, no one's showing up to tell me I'm a princess—you get the picture. But when my junior year started, something not normal happened. There were new kids at school . . . new kids with a wardrobe straight out of a 19th-century romance novel, and an inexplicable desire to stay at school until sundown.
And on top of that, James Hallowell showed up. James, who stole my sandwiches in fourth grade and teased me mercilessly through middle school. James, who now seems to have the power to make my heart race any time he comes near.
But something weird is going on. Because James rarely goes out during the day. And he seems stronger than your typical guy. And he knows the new kids, all of whom seem to be harboring some kind of deep secret. . .
 

 Review: Vampires again? Yes, this is another book about the blood-sucking creatures. Vampire Crush did start out like many of the others, a high school girl digging to deep into places that she shouldn’t and finding out the big secret, Vampires are in her high school. This isn’t the only cliché that I found in the book, there were many but I absolutely loved it. 

Vampire Crush was hysterical it had me laughing during the whole novel. Well besides the times when the plot got a little scary…or maybe more then a little. One of my favorite things about this book was the romance, and how it wasn’t the main aspect of the plot. The mystery seemed to be the main part and that’s something different for Vampire novels. 


Each character in Vampire Crush had a distinct personality, from the main character Sophie who is smart, independent, and witty to Violet one of the vampires’ who is incredibly love sick and can’t get the hang of the new century. Violet is my favorite character, well next to James (the hot vampire). 


Vampire Crush was a hilarious, fun, and mysterious and even if it was a little predicable and followed some clichés, I actually really enjoyed it. If you like vampire novels this is definitely one you want to read. 

--Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book