Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hourglass (Evernight Series #3)

First off I’m so sorry that I haven’t posted anything in a week. I’ve wrote this review a little while ago in my notebook but I wasn’t feeling well so couldn’t get onto the computer to type it up. After this week, I’m going to start posting reviews on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I’ll also do “In My Mail Box” on Saturday’s.

So now that you know my plans, here’s today’s review!

Hourglass
By: Claudia Grey


I’ve been in love with this series since Evernight came out in 2008. Claudia Grey has made a fantastic world to get lost in while you read her books.

“After escaping from Evernight Academy, the vampire boarding school where they met, Bianca and Lucas seek refuge with Black Cross, an elite group of vampire hunters. Bianca must hide her supernatural heritage or risk certain death at their hands. But when Black Cross captures her friend--the vampire Balthazar--all her secrets threaten to come out.

Soon, Bianca and Lucas have orchestrated Balthazar's escape and are on the run, pursued not only by Black Cross, but by the powerful leaders of Evernight. Yet no matter how far they run, Bianca can't escape her destiny.

Bianca has always believed their love could survive anything--but can it survive what's to come?” (Summary from Houorglass)

First off, I think this cover is outstanding compared to Evernight and Startgazer. They were dull and simple. The bright pink title against the grey background looks amazing. The better the cover the more you want to read the book. So it’s important for a novel, especially a young adult novel to have a cover that draws you in. Hourglass was the first in the Evernight series to do that.


Through out the whole series I’ve found Claudia Grey’s writing to be addicting from the very start of each book. So as when I began Hourglass I thought I would get sucked right into the story, but I wasn’t. I found that beginning dragged on. It wasn’t until 3/4 through the book that I started to get hooked on the plot. Other then that the book was a good edition to the series is has everything action, Romance, mystery, adventure, and a plot twist that will keep you guessing until the next book comes out. I don’t even have a guess to what will happen with Bianca and Lucus in the next book! So I’ll be waiting eagerly for Afterlife (Evernight #4), which comes out March 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book