Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Avatar The Last Airbender: The Promise Part 1

The Last Airbender: The Promise Part 1Avatar the Last Airbender
The Promise Part 1
By: Gene Luen Yan (Script)
Source: NetGalley

Summary: The wait is over! Ever since the conclusion of Avatar: The Last Airbender, its millions of fans have been hungry for more--and it's finally here!

This series of digests rejoins Aang and friends for exciting new adventures, beginning with a faceoff against the Fire Nation that threatens to throw the world into another war, testing all of Aang's powers and ingenuity!

Review:  As a huge fan of the cartoon show Avatar the Last Airbender, I couldn't help myself when I saw the comic on Netgalley last week. I had doubts that it wouldn't be as good however, I just had to read it. And surprisingly I really enjoyed it reading about my favorite characters in comic book form. 

What I especially loved is that it starts off right where the show had ended. There is not wondering what happened in between because it is all there. Actually the last scene in the T.V. show is the first one in the book. Also the writer was able to capture the essence of the show. That funny, sarcastic edge that the show has was still there. Really it just felt like I was watching the show. 

Yet, while I did love the book, there were a few things that I had issues with. It was very short. By short I mean I could read it in an hour. This is probably because it is meant for younger kinds too, since the T.V. show was a cartoon. But, I would have liked just a little bit more. Also the romance in the novel was a little iffy. It felt like it was being pushed. Katara and Aang had just kissed, there should have been a little progress to a relationship there. 

Other then that, I really enjoyed reading The Promise Part 1. I would recommend it for everyone that has seen the show. If you haven't watched the show, this isn't something you'll want to read. They don't explain much, you might be able to figure it out but these are more for the T.V.show fans. I really recommend watching it too, if you haven't already. For all the fans like me, this is a series you don't want to miss!

--Danielle

--Oh did anyone else watch the Legend of Kora? I thought it was pretty good. It's weird that only Katara is there but I enjoyed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book