Monday, June 27, 2011

Review: We'll Always Have Summer

We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3)
We'll Always Have Summer
By: Jenny Han



Summary: It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.


Review: Waiting until just a month ago to read these books, I was lucky enough to be able to read them back to back. I adored the first two books in the series. The characters were real, they went through real issues and Jenny Han just makes you fall in love with them. I really excited, yet saddened, to see how this series was going to end.  


Throughout the first two books I really enjoyed Belly's narration and I agreed with all her decisions for the most part. She was a teenage girl torn between two great guys yet was still herself, she didn't let her romances define her. Yet in this last book she got on my nerves, she wasn't that strong girl that we saw before. Belly felt like a completely different person, and I didn't agree with most of her decisions.  She rushed into things without really thinking them through. 


Conrad and Jeremiah have been through so much together, and you can't help but feel bad for them. Not only didn't their mother die, they don't have the best father in the world, and they are in love with the same girl.  These books feel like they are Conrad and Jeremiah's story and Belly is just stuck in the middle and I liked that. Both boys are great and Jenny Han makes you fall in love with both of them.  Which is something only she can do, and it's one reason that I love this series so much. 


Throughout all three books I knew who I wanted Belly to end up with (but I'm not going to tell you who, spoiler!) and I think Susannah did too. While it took these characters a long emotional journey to get there, I really enjoyed the ending. It was a peak into the future and what happened with these characters after the books, who who ended up with who. While I would love to see more into Belly and the boy's life in the future, I'm happy with how it ended. 


This is a series anyone can enjoy, its has that summer romance that everyone loves to read. Yet it has that emotion and back story that very few romance story's have. They are not just lovey dovey romances they are serious books that capture your attention and make a great story. 


--Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book