Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Review: It's Not Summer Without You (Summer #2)

It's Not Summer Without You
By Jenny Han
Summary: Can summer be truly summer without Cousins
Beach?
It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Beach with Conrad and Jeremiah. But not this year. Not after Susannah got sick again and Conrad stopped caring. Everything that was right and good has fallen apart, leaving Belly wishing summer would never come.

But when Jeremiah calls saying Conrad has disappeared, Belly knows what she must do to make things right again. And it can only happen back at the beach house, the three of them together, the way things used to be. If this summer really and truly is the last summer, it should end the way it started--at Cousins Beach.

Review:  A few weeks ago as I read The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer #1) and fell in love. I fell in love with Belly, Conrad, Susannah, and just about every other character. The second I finished I went online to order It's Not Summer Without You (Summer #2). Of course I had a bunch of problems with Barnes and Nobles shipping but that's for a different post. I was worried to start Summer #2 because I had built it up in my mind to be this epic sequel so I put of reading it for awhile. Once I was able to pick it up and read, I realized I worried for nothing, It's Not Summer With Out You was the epic sequel I thought it would be. 

The emotions you feel for these characters throughout the book are enormous. I cried. I laughed. And then I cried again. This one had such a different outlook then the first, having more of a heavyhearted feel. That wasn't the only difference from the first book, Summer #2 switch point of views from Belly's to Jeremiah's throughout the book. This didn't happen very often and the chapters in the Jeremiah's point of view weren't very long but I enjoyed them. It was interesting and different to see what was happening through someone else's eyes.

If you're going to read It's Not Summer With Out You (of course after reading Summer #1 ) I really suggest you have the final book in the series on hand. The ending is really shocking and will have you dying to know whats going to happen next, I know I was. Overall this is a great series that I think everyone will enjoy. 

--Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book