Thursday, May 10, 2012

Review: Pandemonium

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)Pandemonium
By: Lauren Oliver

Summary: I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare, 
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.



Review: This has to one of the most anticipated novels of 2012. I know I have been dying for it since I read Delirium, especially after that insane cliff hanger it left us with, and I know most readers felt the same way. It took me a few months to pick up Pandemonium and I think it's because  I was scared to read it. Delirium was one of my favorite novels and I just didn't know if Pandemonium could top it. However, i really enjoyed it.


Pandemonium kept you addicted and reading until the very last page. Just like Delirium, it's a hard novel to put down. Once you start you just have to read the whole thing. How the novel went back and forth from past and present in each chapter helped. The past took place right after Delirium ends and present is the a year or so later. At first it was a bit confusing but once I got into the book, I just couldn't stop. 

Pandemonium was also much, much different then Delirium. The writing and world had a whole different feel then Delirium. Which wasn't such a bad thing. Yes there was much less romance but you can probably realize why, if you read the first novel. Pandemonium was more action packed and suspenseful then Delirium. 

Now there's only one thing in this novel that I didn't enjoy. The cliff hanger at the end. It was much worse then the one in Delirium, if that's even possible. Just to give you guys a heads up. You're going to need it. I might even suggest waiting until closer to the next novel's release date to pick this one up. The cliff hanger is HUGE. 

Overall Pandemonium was great and if your a fan of Delirium it is a must read. Also if you have yet to read Delirium I would really suggest reading it. It's still one of my favorite books.

--Danielle

9 comments:

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book