Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Top Ten Favorite Quotes From Books

Meme from  The Broke and the Bookish


I haven't done this meme in forever but when I saw this weeks, I just couldn't resit. I love book quotes so much, mostly romantic and funny ones.






Top Ten Favorite Quotes From Books (In no order)


1. “I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” - Pride and Prejudice 


2. "Don't think or judge, just listen." - Just Listen by Sarah Dessen


3. “Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?' 
Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself." 
..."At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland." 
"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting.” 
― Cassandra Clare

4. “There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then.”  - Cassandra Clare


5. “There is darkness in light, there is pain in joy, and there are thorns on the rose.” - Cate Tiernan


6.  “What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful.” - Scott Westerfeld 


7.  “Yelena, you've driven me crazy. You've caused me considerable trouble and I've contemplated ending your life twice since I've known you." Valek's warm breath in my ear sent a shiver down my spine.


"But you’ve slipped under my skin, invaded my blood and seized my heart.”


“That sounds more like a poison than a person,” was all I could say. His confession had both shocked and thrilled me.


“Exactly,” Valek replied. “You have poisoned me.”


--Maria V. Snyder


8. “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.”  - Harper Lee (To Kill A Mocking Bird) 


9. “You love me. Real or not real?"
I tell him, "Real.” - Suzanne Collins


10.  “There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” - Sarah Dessen


There are so much more. But those are 10 of my favorites. I have a little box in the left side bar if you want to see more. 


Leave a comment with a link to your Top Ten or just put your favorite quote there, I love reading them :)


--Danielle 

2 comments:

  1. Love the Maria V. Snyder quote. I was gripped by Poison Study. I really need to read the two other books in the trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful list!! Love all these quotes :) Love the ones from City of Bones!! :D

    nea
    My Top10

    ReplyDelete

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book