Wednesday, May 30, 2012

BEA

Guys, BEA is next week! You have no idea just how excited I am for this. I had so much fun last year and I can't wait to do it all over again. Since I have done BEA once before I can probably answer a few questions if you guys have them, but I've mostly been pointing people in direction of some great blog posts that have helped me a ton already, such as http://cindysloveofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/05/going-to-bea-2012-tips.html, or this vlog by Erica from The Book Cellar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWaDSQGye3g.

Oh but one piece of advice I wanted to tell you, is for lunch. My mom and I found this cute little cafe right around the corner for the Javits Center, it's really only 3 minutes walking.  The food was really good and I even saw some authors there, but it seemed like not many people knew about it. It's just a nice place to relax for an hour if you need a break.

Now there's a few things that I'm going to try and do a little differently this year. I'm a really shy person and I didn't talk to many bloggers or publishers last year. This year my plan is to do this MUCH differently. I want to meet as many people as I possibly can. I also hope I actually stand in line with other bloggers this year. Last time I was always around librarians, and they were supper nice, but I want to meet some bloggers!

This year I'm also going to try and talk to publishers about that they majored in college and what they suggest doing. I know I'm not the only blogger my age that is curious about this. Since I'm going to be applying to colleges in the fall, and dream of working with books, I want to have a little more knowledge about this.

I'm also going to try and sneak as much footage as I can, you're not suppose to use camera's or video recorders there, but I have a flip that I got for Christmas and I REALLY want to use it.

Also I wanted to address the fact about my age and my small blog. No one has said anything directly to me but I just hate hearing other bloggers put down teenagers or small blogs. I'm getting this incredibly chance to go to the expo in NY, I'm going to take it. I like to think that I'm not one of the bloggers that go crazy, last year I didn't take that many books, only what I knew I could read. I also asked before taking, and everything people suggest to do. Just because someone's blog is small or they are young doesn't mean much.

So if you're going to BEA too, I would love to know! I really want to talk to as many bloggers as I can while there. It's an amazing experience and I want to do it right this time. If you do have a question that you haven't seen answered on someone else's blog, I'll be happy to help. I don't know how helpful I'll be but I'll try my best!

Can't wait to see all of you there :)

--Danielle

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to BEA for the first time this year! I'd love to say hi, I also don't know many book bloggers personally so I'm going to take advantage of the time to meet as many as I can. Send me an email if you'd like so we can run into each other:
    lostamongstshelves (at) hotmail (dot) com

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, you are awesome and I can't wait to meet you. I think it's great that you are so young and you are getting to do something like this. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Katie! Can't wait to meet you too :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book