Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Review: Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)Paranormalcy
By Kristen White
Publisher: Harperteen
Summary: Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.

But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
So much for normal.

Review: I have been told for almost the past year that this was one of the most refreshing paranormal book of the year and they were right. I don't know why it took me so long to read it, but I'm glad I finally did. Kristen White's interpretation of the paranormal world was so different. I was captured in this incredibly different story the whole time I was reading and I almost never put novel down. 

Evie was such a fun character to read about. While she fights these horrible creatures she was still the biggest girl-y girl. Always wearing pink, even her teaser and knife were pink! It's really rare to see a girl-y girl in a paranormal story so that was another refreshing quality. Also Evie was a fun character, has anyone else noticed that most of the main characters are at least slightly boring. They usually don't have an talents or any preferences to anything but Evie was extremely different. She made this book epic. 

The love interest, Lend was also am interesting person to read about. He is a paranormal creature that I can honestly say I have never heard of before.  I don't think I would be able to describe him to you, if you want to find out what he, read Paranormalcy! 

If you're like me and haven't read Paranormacly when it came out I highly suggest you do. It's new and different from anything else you've every read. There are even some plot twists that will throw you for a loop. The whole novel is filled with suspenseful, humorous,  romantic and memorable moments (sometimes all at once) this is the go to book for anyone who adores paranormal or wants something different. 


--Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book