Friday, April 16, 2010

City of Glass

Author: Cassandra Clare

The first two books in the series were incredible. So I was expecting City of Glass to be just as good. I was not let down. Cassandra Clare did an outstanding job once again. When i sat down and read the book I couldn't get up. It grabbed me didn't let go until the last page. I would be lying in bed saying just one more chapter and then a unexpected twist would jump out. Then of course I would find myself needing to know what happens next.

The world that was created in these books was so unlike anything that I've read before, and I've read more than enough fantasy books to compare with. As you read you become so deeply attached to the characters, you find yourself thinking about then when you're done. Jace, one of the main characters, makes you laugh out loud at his sarcastic remarks. And Clary, the heroine of the story, is so brave yet realistic, so it's very easy to relate to her and want to be her.

Cassandra Clare doesn't drag on her writing like some authors. Every page is filled with excitement, danger, and romance. I would recommend this book (and the whole series) to anyone who's 14 or older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book