Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Books to Movies: City of Bones

Hello followers who I haven't talk to in awhile. Life has just been crazy from being sick repeatedly to my huge amount of school work, not to mention that I've recently started looking at colleges. However, I've missed blogging and all of you so much. I have not even been on Twitter! Really I'm just going through book blogging community withdrawals. Anyway, when I saw this news (which I saw just a little late haha) I had to blog about it.

For those of you who haven't heard, City of Bones is being made into  movie. The leads have been picked and etc, but that's not what I wanted to talk to you about about.

For those of you that know the movie coming out in the near future, I'm sure you noticed the lack of filming going on. I just learned that is because of the script. Or the lack of a good one. The script that they had left out MAGNUS!


That is just not acceptable! At. All. He is my favorite character (or well one of them, who could dislike Jace?) and part of the major plot point. Honestly this just scares me, if they left out Magnus what else could they have possibly done?


The studio realizes now how wrong that was and is working on a new script.  Now there's another this that worries me that I found out in the same article (on pagetopremiere.com). Marlene King is the screen writer for the movie. Most of you know the T.V. show Pretty Little Liars, while that is an amazing T.V. show ad one of my favorite it doesn't follow the books that it is based on. I know that's a bit different with the T.V. show, yet I can't stop but worry about what she'll do with one of my favorite books.


I could probably talk about this movie for hours, I didn't even get started on the actors but this post is already getting to long. Maybe next week....


What do you think about the upcoming City of Bones movie? 

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if they were going to get rid of Alex being gay by getting rid of Magnus. I hope not

    ReplyDelete

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book