Monday, April 18, 2011

The Last Little Blue Envelope: Review

The Last Little Blue Envelope (Little Blue Envelope, #2)The Last Little Blue Envelope
By: Maureen Johnson
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release date: April 26

*I think Johnson has really bad luck with her covers. They do not represent the book AT ALL. 

* If you have not read "13 Little Blue Envelope" this has a few spoilers but this is a spoiler free review for "The Last Little Blue Envelope"

Review:

 In 2006 I read “13 little Blue Envelopes” for the first time. This was my first book by Maureen Johnson, since then I’ve been a huge fan of hers. Each novel has a unique story line with a witty dialogue and fun, real characters. “13 Little Blue Envelopes” will always be my favorite. Now about five years later a sequel is being released. Now we FINALLY get to find out what happened to that last little blue envelope. Number 13.

This sequel sends Ginny back to Europe on another crazy adventure. She meets some new people however all the favorites from the first book were still there. Keith, Richard and Aunt Peg, yes she is a deceased character but you can still feel her presence in her letters, art, and the memories of Ginny and Richard. Even though we never ‘meet’ Peg she is one of my favorite characters.

I can’t say too much about the new characters you meet it would make this review into a spoiler. However I did enjoy their presence in the book, these new characters made up perfect plot of ‘The Last Little Blue Envelope”. One that was always moving and emotional. The plot held up to the first book, it might have even been better,

Surprisingly there was a love triangle in this one, yet it was more of a square. This is an aspect that the first one didn’t have and I think everyone likes a love triangle/square. It keeps things interesting.

Overall ‘The Last Little Blue Envelope” was the perfect ending to tie up all the loose ends from ’13 Little Blue Envelopes”.  I would always love to read more about Ginny and her journeys but I know that’s probably not going to happen, but I am very content with the ending. Everyone should read Maureen Johnson’s books. I promise you will fall in love with her witty style.  

You can find The Last Little Blue Envelope in stores April 26!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book