Thursday, February 16, 2012

Interview: Cate Tiernan author of Immortal Beloved!

Hey everyone! Today I have one of my favorite authors for an interview! Cate Tiernan, the author of The Immortal Beloved Series, Balefire Series, and the Sweep Series. All amazing books, that I loved.

1) Can you tell us a little about yourself?
Cate Tiernan BioUm . . . I'm a writer . . . I have a husband and kids and pets and a pretty normal life. But I do like creating other worlds, and imagining different realities.

2) Can you describe the Immoral Beloved Series in 5 words or less?
Troubled immortal finds new hope.

3) What books did you enjoying reading while growing up?
Almost anything--I read all the time. I went through all the classics, like Ramona, and the Secret Garden. I loved mysteries and fairy tales and lots of nonfiction.

4) You have published many books in the past. Does it get easier with each one?
No, I wish. In some ways it gets harder and harder, because I learn with each book, and then want to make the next book even better. It was a lot easier when I didn't know as much.
Immortal Beloved
5) The Sweep Series (one of my favorites!) has 15 books. Was it hard to leave them to work on new series?
Yes, it was super hard, like losing friends. I had more stories I wanted to tell about Morgan and everyone--Sky and Hunter. I'll always love Morgan and Hunter.

6) What made you decide to write about Immortals instead of Wiccan and witches like you’ve done in previous books?
I try to do something different each time--though of course I have my familiar patterns or themes. I like exploring new worlds, new ideas.

7) Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?
Figure out why you want to write, what you want to say through your writing. Figure out who you want to say it to, and why. Try to understand yourself as much as possible, because it helps you understand other people.

Thanks for the interview Cate!
You can find more about Cate and her books HERE on her website.

If you haven't read any of her books yet, I highly recommend them!

Tomorrow: Alissa from the Grammarians Reviews


--Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book