Thursday, March 22, 2012

Journey to the Past

 It's been FOREVER since I've gone a Journey to the Past post. I think I'm going to be bring them back. I really miss doing them, but I have been writting reviews of old books just not calling it "A Journey To The Past" but I think I'm going to try and do them once a week again.
Journey To The Past: When most people go to the bookstore or library they look at the new releases, but what about all those other books? They deserve some love too. So once a week I write about a slightly older book. 

Loser by Jerry Spinelli
Summary: Donald Zinkoff is one of the greatest kids you could ever hope to meet. He laughs easily, he likes people, he loves school, he tries to rescue lost girls in blizzards, he talks to old ladies. The only problem is, he's a loser.


Thoughts: This is one of those books you just don't forget. I first read Loser in 5th grade. It was one of those books that they force you read read, no matter how much you don't want to. Yet, I'm so glad they did. This is one of those fun and eye opening novels that are really great for young kids. I'm always being asked for recommendations for kids. Which is hard to do since I mostly read YA. This is one I always recommend because no matter if you are a boy, girl, adult or 10 years old, this is a novel everyone can love. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book