Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Shadow Hills -Review-

Shadow Hills
By: Anastasia Hopcus
Summary:His love captivated her... his secrets might kill her.
Since her sister’s mysterious death, Persephone “Phe” Archer has been plagued by a series of disturbing dreams. Determined to find out what happened to her sister, Phe enrolls at Devenish Prep in Shadow Hills, Massachusetts—the subject of her sister’s final diary entry.

After stepping on campus, Phe immediately realizes that there’s something different about this place—an unexplained epidemic that decimated the town in the 1700s, an ancient and creepy cemetery, and gorgeous boy Zach—and somehow she’s connected to it all.

But the more questions she asks and the deeper she digs, the more entangled Phe becomes in the haunting past of Shadow Hills. Finding what links her to this town…might cost her her life.

Review: The hardest reviews to write are always about the books you love. Probably because there’s nothing bad to say about them, or maybe it’s the fact that you just want to say ‘I loved this book, go read it now’ over and over again. For me Shadow Hills was one of those books. I fell in love with the story within the first chapter. I got hooked on the mystery and swooned over the romance.

For about the last month, maybe even longer I’ve been in a reading stump. I just couldn’t find any book that I just loved. One that would actually make me stay up to two the morning on a school night. So I’m very glad that I found Shadow Hills. I loved the story, the mystery, and the romance. I can’t think of a part that I didn’t like. The story was very different, Anastasia Hopcus created this whole new town with a completely different supernatural world. It kept me flipping the pages till the very last one.

I have to say that the romance between Phe and Zack was one of my favorite parts of the book, if not my favorite. It just felt so real. In many novels the main characters just jump into a relationship and it doesn’t feel right. Phe and Zack weren’t like that. While the romance was great, I think it help that all the characters flowed so well. All of them were different. They had their own personalities that made them stand out. I felt like I knew them all personally.

The main character, Phe is my favorite I loved reading from her perspective. Unlike other heroines she thought most things through before. She was extremely brace but she didn’t always just jump into a dangerous situation. She wanted to call the cops or get someone to help her out 9Well most of the time). I loved that about Phe, it makes her more relatable.

There’s not much else I can say about this book without giving the ending away. If you like supernatural mysteries and romance, this is a book that you should go read right now. I promise you will fall in love with it just like I did.

If I did give star ratings to books, Shadow Hills would have 5! (So would the cover)

--Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book