Saturday, November 20, 2010

Trends in YA: Werewolves

The Trends in Ya is something that I've been starting to do every week. Sort of like my own meme. This week is werewolves. It's one of those trends that I'm a little iffy about. I'm not a huge fan of werewolves, but I have found a few here and there that I liked.

In some books Werewolves are the main characters and in others they take the back seat to another paranormal being, like Vampires or Shadow Hunters. Here's a few examples of Werewolf books.

*Links to goodreads


Claire de Lune (Claire de Lune, #1)Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1)Raised by Wolves- This is my favorite werewolf book ever! You can see my review on it here. It just incredible and EVERYONE should read it.










Claire de Lune - I haven't read this one yet so i can't give you my opinion yet. I have heard very good things about it.









Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)Shiver- I'm not a huge fan of these books but that doesn't mean everyone else isn't. This is definitely the top selling werewolf book out. My review is here.










The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1)The Summoning/ The Darkest Powers Series - In these books the werewolf is just one character. He is one of the main characters and one of my favorite. So I I should add him to the list.







City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)City of Bones/ The Mortal Instruments Series - This is another series that the werewolf is the main character but they do play an important role. City of Bones in one of my favorite books and if you haven't read it yet, please do.







New Moon (Twilight, #2)New Moon - Yeah I know don't yell at me, but I think this is the book that started to bring werewolf books back. I think that once one book is popular publishers want to make more just like it, trying to top the last one. For werewolves I think that was New Moon.








--Danielle 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book