Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Great Gatsby Trailer

I know this is probably old news for you guys by now, but I just had to post this on here. 


The brand new, beautiful Great Gatsby Trailer! It's just so pretty and sparkly. I've had to have watched it at least 50 times by now. I'm just in love. If you don't remember I read The Great Gatsby for the first time in English this year and I'm just addicted. I've read it twice since the class, and it has to be one of my favorite books. Fitzgerald's writing was just amazing. I just love this book. But anyway on to the trailer!





Doesn't it just look perfect? I know so many people are upset and think it's going to be a disaster but they are just crazy! Leo is perfect for the role, actually he's perfect for any role. He can do anything. I've only seen Carey in An Education but she was really good in it, and from the trailer it seems like she pulled off Daisy. 


The only slight problem I have to far is with Nick. He's not my favorite actor and his voice in the beginning just seemed like he was trying to hard. But I'll try not to judge till I see the movie. 


I'm also happy with the director. He did Moulin Rouge and Romeo and Juliet two of my favorite movies, and I can't wait to see what he does with the book. 


I haven't seen the older movie, but I'm going to try and watch it soon. 


What do you guys think of the trailer?


--Danielle

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for this! I couldn’t agree more about Leo being perfect for the role. I doubted Carey’s ability to be a good Daisy, but after seeing the trailer I think that she might be okay. It looks like it will be a great movie and definitely a step up from the 1970’s version (even though I love Robert Redford)

    Darlene @ Leather Bound and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. A MILLION TIMES YES!

    We have the same wariness about Tobey as Nick, but meh, it's all about Leo and Carey anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book