Thursday, May 29, 2014

Review: The Elite by Kiera Cass

16248068Summary:

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

Review:

When the first read the Selection I enjoyed it but it didn’t stand out to me. I never had the urge to pick of The Elite and continue the series until recently. A friend read it and loved it, so I was curious and wanted to catch up. I honestly liked The Elite much more than The Selection. The world had already been built. The two men had already been introduced, and we could get right into the story.

Before reading The Elite you should be prepared that it revolves around the love triangle. There is not much else in the plot department. Kiera really concentrates on the romance between the three characters throughout the novel. There are small advances in the world building and other plot points that I feel like are leading up to a big event in the last book (at least I hope it’s a big event).

However, I actually enjoyed the love triangle in The Elite. (Shocking I know) There was even a love square going on at home point. I was just confused as America. I would like one guy and then the other. I went back and forth as much as she did. I’ll be reading The One as soon as I can to find out what happens next. (By the way I ended as Team Maxon.)

1 comment:

  1. I love the way this story is coming to lite. I think that America is the best choice for queen and I hope to hell that is the way it works out. Her love for Maxon is a mess during this book, but I think that it will all work out in "The One" The kingdom needs America to help bring back some freedom.I love the way this story is coming to lite. I think that America is the best choice for queen and I hope to hell that is the way it works out. Her love for Maxon is a mess during this book, but I think that it will all work out in "The One" The kingdom needs America to help bring back some freedom.

    ReplyDelete

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book