Thursday, June 10, 2010

Runaway (review)

I’ve been so busy studying for finals I haven’t gotten the chance to write many reviews and I know this seems to be everyones excuse too, But after June 25 (the last day of school) I’ll be back with tons of new stuff. Like, maybe some Harry Potter related things, A guest review by my awesome book loving cousin, making a TBR list, and more. I’m so excited for this summer! I’ll have so much time to read and blog. Well minus the time I’m at band camp, but that’s not till august so I’m not going to worry about that yet. I’ll post more about what I plan on doing this summer, sometime this weekend.


--Danielle

Runaway
By: Meg Cabot
#3 In The Airhead Trilogy

Summary: Emerson Watts is on the run: from school, from work, from her family, from her friends, from herself.


With everyone she loves furious with her for something she can't explain, and nothing but the live Stark Angel fashion show on New Year's Eve to look forward to, Em's reached the end of her rope. . .what's the point of even going on?


But when she discovers the truth about Nikki's secret, she knows there's only one person she can turn to.


Emerson Watts is on the run: from school, from work, from her family, from her friends, from herself.


With everyone she loves furious with her for something she can't explain, and nothing but the live Stark Angel fashion show on New Year's Eve to look forward to, Em's reached the end of her rope. . .what's the point of even going on?


But when she discovers the truth about Nikki's secret, she knows there's only one person she can turn to.


Will Christopher be able to put aside his personal feelings and help her expose her employer to the world? Is it even fair to get Christopher involved—since if he agrees, there's every chance that Stark Enterprises will try to have them both killed—this time, permanently?


Maybe it would be better for Em to just keep on running.

Review: Meg Cabot like the energizer bunny just keeps going and going! Where does she come up with all these different books? I believe she has over 50 out now. All her books are amazing but this series is one of my favorites. There suspenseful with a mystery, but still witty and fun because of the geeky girl in a models body. Runaway was my favorite in the series. It kept you guessing, and the ending was great. I figure out some of the mystery of ‘Stark’ but not all of it and what I didn’t I could have never guessed.

While at times Em got on my nerves she was a good main character. Well actually the only thing I didn’t like about her was how she thought about, and liked Christopher but maybe that’s just because I never really liked him. I liked Nikki’s brother Stephen better, but of course I always forgot that Em was in the body of Stephen’s sister which would make this really odd plus my favorite character Lulu liked him.

Lulu is the comic relief when the story gets really tense and trust me she will have you laughing almost every time she speaks.

Runaway is a perfect ending to the trilogy. Everything is summed up and almost everyone gets there happy-ever after. I’ll miss reading about these characters (minus Christopher, even though he did grow on me at the end) but I can’t wait to read all the future books that Meg Cabot writes.


View this book on Amazon here.

2 comments:

  1. Cool, Runaway sounds so good! I should definitively read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just make sure you read the first two books in the series first!

    ReplyDelete

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book