Thursday, February 10, 2011

Random Book Questions!

This is something that I did May of last year. I was just going over my Word documents that I saved on my computer and deleting the really old ones when I found this.  I was reading through my answers and I realized how much they changed. So I thought I would do it over again.

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack:
 
I don’t usually eat when I’m reading a book. It’s just too hard!  When you’re sitting on the couch reading you have to look away from the book to get the food. When the book is good I don’t want to look away.

But when I do eat and read it’s usually a Clementine. I love them!

What is your favorite drink while reading?

Chi Tea Latte. This is my mom’s fault. She suggested I buy on at Borders on a snowy day. They are so good!  

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?

I’ve stopped marking my books because it’s just a really bad habit.  When I’m reading an ARC I will highlight and underline important stuff that I want to use in my review.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?

When I’m not using my nook (which marks my pages for me) I use an index card because if I want to write something down, I don’t have to write in the book. This is how I stopped writing in my books.  

Fiction, non-fiction, or both?

FICTION! (Ya fiction) I bet you all knew this
J

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?

I can never stop at the end of a chapter. I always stop in the middle of one. Have you notice the most suspenseful parts happen at the end of the chapter?  The only time I can put a book down is when I’m forced to or it’s a boring part.

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?
This is the same answer as last time. I can’t think of any more times that this has happened. (Spoiler alert if you have not read City of Ashes)

Well……..I might have thrown a few books…..but I don’t realize it till after I do it. Some examples are New Moon (when Edward left), Eclipse (when Bella kissed Jacob), and in City of Ashes. Actually that’s a funny story. When Clair broke up with Simon I was doing a happy dance and humming thinking she’ll be with Jace. And then she says no to Jace, I threw the book like it was a hot potato. 

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?

Ehhh sometimes, it depends. I love that my nook has a dictionary built in.  

What are you currently reading?

Currently I’m reading a book for school called Stick Figure.  

What is the last book you bought?

I haven’t been able to buy books in awhile; I don’t think I’ve bought any since Christmas. When I bought Ghost Town for my nook.  I had to buy a cover for my Nook and that wasn’t cheap. I also don’t have a job so I don’t always have money to buy more books. My birthday is coming up soon so that means lots of new books.

Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one?

I know this is bad but I am almost always reading more then one book. I try to read one at a time but they all look so good.

Do you have a favorite time/place to read?

I like to read somewhere warm. I can’t read while I’m cold, I’m weird. Usually I read on the couch with a blanket or in my bed. Sometimes I’ll sit on the stairs, I don’t know why but I’ve always found that to be one of my favorite places to read.

My favorite time to read is in the morning, right after I wake up. Usually it’s on the weekends when I actually have time to read.

Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
Same answer as last time:

Series, because I’ll get to hang on to the characters for a little while longer. 

Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?

Right now I’m recommending Delirium, but some of my favorite that I always recommend would be Cassandra Clare, Sarah Dessen, The Uglies Series, and Maria V. Snyder.

How do you organize your books? (by genre, title, author's last name, etc.)

Same answer:
Oh course not. Since so many people borrow my books, most of the time it’s hard to keep different series’ together. 


So this is something old that I just decided to do it over again. I could never find where it originally came from. I had found it on Always With A Book (back in may of 2010). If you decide to do this to let me know in the comments I would love to see your answers.

--Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book