Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Top Ten Books You Loved But Never Wrote A Review For

Top Ten Books You Loved But Never Wrote A Review For (either books you loved and couldn't bring yourself to write a review for or books that you read long before blogging...time to give them a shoutout!)


1) To Kill A Mockingbird - This is a book I read in English last year and I fell in love with it. I never posted a review because it's a classic, I didn't think there was much more to say. If you haven't had the chance you should really find time to pick it up. It's as famous as it is for a reason. 


2) Uglies - The first dystopian I read, and at the time I didn't even know what dystopian at the time that I read Uglies. I just new that it was different, new and interesting. This is will always be one of my favorite series and I'm always recommending it to someone knew. I actually just lent my copies to my grandma. So far she's enjoyed the first one. 


3) Vampire Academy - I followed this series from the very first book, way before I ever started blogging, so I just never reviewed them. This is another series that I'm always recommending. While they are vampire books that are so different from all the others that they can stand out. 


4)  Jessica's Guide To Dating the Dark Side - This is another truly great Vampire book. I also read this one way before my blog. Don't let the cover and title stop you from picking up this book, it's darker and more addicting then it lets on. Can't wait for the sequel!


5) The Host - Okay I have to admit I really loved Twilight. Don't throw anything at me, I was in middle school when I read it and the story was just so addicting! The Host was so different then Twilight and I think i big improvement for Stephanie Meyer. I think it proved she can write more then just cheesy vampire books. I can't wait to see what she does next.


6) Poison Study - Maria V. Snyder has an amazing imagination. I wish I could created the worlds or characters she comes up with. This fantasy book is adult but I didn't even know that until I finished the first book and looked up the second online. Any young adult or adult can enjoy this series. 


7) Secret Circle  - This is my favorite series by L.J. Smith. I've always loved books about magic and witches.  They are just always so much fun to read. I can't wait for the TV show to start this fall  on the CW! 


8) The Summoning - This is an action pack paranormal mystery. Really this series just had everything. I haven't read the newer book in the prequel series but I've been meaning too. 


9) Caribbean Cruising  - Cute, fun and romantic. This little romantic comedy will keep you flipping pages, actually any book by Rachel Hawthorne is worth picking up when you need a fun book to read. 



10) Avalon High - This is hands down my favorite Meg Cabot book. (The Mediator series is a close second). I always love the Camelot stories and this is Meg Cabot's modern take on it. It a fun and interesting spin on the old story. 




-Sorry this is so late but better late then never right? 


Danielle

12 comments:

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book