Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Top Five Reasons to Read: Fracture by Megan Miranda

FractureFracture by Megan Miranda
Goodreads/Amazon

Since it's WAY to early to post a review of Fracture, I'm just going to tell you 5 reasons I loved this book and why you should pre-order it or add to your TBR pile.

1) First, the two paragraph's from the book that they put on the back of the ARC instead of a summary. This captured my attention and made me read.

"A lot can happen in eleven minutes. Decker can run two miles easily in eleven minutes. I once wrote an English essay in ten. No lie. And God knows Carson Levine can talk a girl out of her clothes in half that time. 
 Eleven minutes might as well be eternity under water. It only takes three minutes without air for loss of consciousness. Permanent damage begins at four minutes. And then, when the oxygen runs out, full cardiac arrest occurs. Death is possible at five minutes. Probable at seven. Definite at ten. 
Decker pulled me out at eleven."
That had to capture your attention right? If it doesn't I don't know what will.

2) Fracture was a paranormal story mixed with science. The author Megan Miranda has studied biology and anthropology. It really shows in the book and makes it so different from all the paranormal novels out now.

3) Fracture wasn't afraid to take risks. Not every character had their story tied up in a pretty red bow. Some of the things that happen will surprise you.

4) I laughed and cried then laughed and cried again. My emotions were all over the place while reading Fracture. When you get attached to characters it's so easy to get sucked into the story.

5) While Fracture had a bit of a paranormal plot, while reading it felt like a contemporary book. Which is why I completely agree with the statement "For fans of best-sellers like Before I Fall and If I Stay" that's in the summary.  If you liked one of those books, you're going to love this one.  


This is such a great book that you should look out for in January!


--Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book