Friday, August 27, 2010

Tweet Heart (Review)

I’ve been busy with band camp and finding time to read Mockingjay. So here’s a really fast review on Tweet Heart. I’ll be posting my review of Mockingjay tomorrow, but if you want to talk about it with me now contact me! I NEED to talk about this book, I still have some missed feeling about scenes and characters. So tweet me on twitter (@withabook) or just email me at withabook@gmail.com.


Tweet Heart
By: Elizabeth Rudnick
Received from the publisher
Summary: Claire is a #hopelessromantic. Lottie is determined to set up her BFF with Mr. Perfect. Will wants his #secretcrush to finally notice him. Bennett is a man with a plan.


Claire can’t believe it when her dream guy starts following her on Twitter. She never thought he noticed her, and suddenly he seems to understand her better than almost anyone.

But the Twitterverse can be a confusing place, especially when friends act differently online than they do in person. Things get even more complicated when Claire realizes she’s falling for someone else, the last person she ever would have expected….

Review: When I first saw Tweet Heart automatically I thought back to TTYL books by Lauren Miracle. When they came out IM-ing was the big thing. So it’s not that big of a surprise for a book in Tweets, emails and Blog posts. I have my own Twitter that I become slightly more obsessed with everyday, so I was excited to read Tweet Heart.

The tweets between the different characters were very easy to understand. I loved how they had a profile picture (well most of them anyway). It’s nice to put a face to the character when their not described in the book. It made me feel like I knew them a bit more.

The plot of Tweet Heart is fun, light, and predictable yet I still flipped through the pages just like I would in an intense paranormal story. I loved each character, but Claire did get a bit on my nerves with her obsession with JD (her dream guy). She thinks she’s in love but knows nothing about him.

If you haven’t read Tweet Heart you should. It would be a great book to read now, as summer ends. Take it with you to your last trip to the beach or just sit on your deck reading before the weather gets to cold. The lighthearted plot is a great way to end summer.

--Danielle

P.S. If you’re an Iron Fey fan, like me, go check out THIS excerpt of the Iron Queen. It’s so funny. Plus it has Ash in it, and if you’re not a fan of Ash I’m going to have to ask you to slowly back away and leave. Nah I’m just kidding… or am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book