Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Teaser Tuesday and Blog Award

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Right now I’m reading Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.

P.S. I took this from the first chapter (page 13) because I want this to be as spoiler free as possible. Also I just love this cat.

I spin on my heel at the sound of a hiss. In the kitchen doorway, back arched, ears flattened, stands the ugliets tomcat in the world. "Buttercup," I say. Thousands of poeple are dead, but he has survived and even looks well fed.


So if you're a fan or the Hunger Games, have you gotten your hands on Mockingjay yet? I just started to read my copy.





BLOG AWARD



I just received the 'One Lovely Blog Award' from Maddie at http://maddieeemsblog.blogspot.com/
This is the first award that I received that isn't the Versatile Blogger Award. So Thank-you!

Here are the rules:
1.Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.

2.Pay it forward to fifteen other blogs you have newly discovered.

3.Contact those blog owners and let them know they've been chosen.

Okay, so I'm not going to pick fifteen other blogs that I newly discovered, because I've been so busy that I haven't been able to visit to new blogs lately. BUT I am going to direct you over to my profile page thing. Just click "view my complete profile' under my About Me on the top left corner of the page to get there.
Then you'll be able to see all the blogs that I follow (which is an insane number). I hope you go through them and find some great new blogs you didn't know about.

--Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book