Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Covers!

School has been insane the last few weeks, well really the last month or two. It’s mostly my math class. I think my teacher is slowly trying to kill us with homework. So I haven’t been able to keep up with all the bookish news, mostly I haven’t seen the new covers to a bunch of sequels that I’m DIEING to read. Now that I have some time I decided to write a post about COVERS!

Crossed (Matched, #2)

First one is Crossed by Ally Condie. This is the sequel to Match, I never got around to reviewing that one but I will! I liked it but for me it didn’t hold up to it’s expectations. I do think is set up what could be an amazing series. I’m hope I enjoy Crossed. The cover is just phenomenal. Just like the cover for Matched there is a bubble and the girl inside of it. This time she’s breaking out of the bubble, which goes well with the plot. If you’ve read Matched you know what I mean.

Hades (Halo, #2)

Next is Hades by Alexandra Adornetto.  I adored the first book Halo and it’s cover. (My review is HERE) The first cover was delicate and beautiful. It was just perfect for the book. While this one might represent what could happen in the book, I don’t like it, at all. To me it feels like someone just photo shopped this for a school project. It has a cartoon-ish feel that the first one didn't have. Putting the covers side to side they don’t look remotely similar. Well besides the title art and the wings. Even with the disappointing cover I can’t wait to get my hands on this one.

Illusions (Wings #3)

Illusions by Aprilynne Pike, number three in the Wings series. This one just is pretty, pretty, pretty, and more pretty-ness. Sorry for the lame adjective but that’s just what this cover is, PRETTY! I looooove this one. I’m also a fan of the whole series. I’ve adored every cover so far, and each book. In this cover I like how well the colors work together and the water reflection on the flower. It’s intriguing. Illusions comes out on May 3rd!

 Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. This is the companion novel to Anna and the French Kiss, which happens to be one of the cutest romances EVER! (Review for Anna HEREI am a sucker for cute fluffy romances. While I love paranormal you need a fun cute smile worthy novel every once in awhile. My bookshelves happen to be full of them. I like how they show the actual guy on this one rather then just an arm like on Anna and the French Kiss. Tease much?  This cover is just perfect and I can’t wait to own a copy. We only have till September….


Okay I could probably keep going on and on with more covers BUT I think I should stop here. I need to get some of that evil math homework done (and I use to like math...), and I'm thinking about doing a post like this every week. yet i'm not very good at keeping up with meme's. Do you remember A Journey To The Past? Yea I should start doing that again, it's been how many months has it been?


--Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book