Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Inside Out (Review)

Inside Out
By Maria V. Snyder
Amazon
My copy: bought
Summary: I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.

Review: Where do authors come up with these ideas? They’re imaginations are amazing! This is the second time Maria V. Snyder has blown me away with her books. Her Poison Study series was the first, and when I saw this book in Borders I had to pick it up.

Since the summary doesn’t really tell you to much about the book, I’m going to try and explain it without giving to much away. Trella is a scrub. She likes to keep to herself, and is the ‘Queen of the Pipes’. She knows every inch of the pipes that she has to clean, even the sections that she shouldn’t be in. Then when a Prophet tries to get her help to find the ‘gateway’. Trella gets sucked deep trying to find something that she doesn’t believe in.

On her journey she also meets Riley. I LOVED him! Riley is an Upper and Trella stumbles upon his secret hide out, while she’s in the pipes. It was slightly odd that Riley is my middle name but once I got used to it, I fell for him.

If you liked Uglies by Scott Westerfeld, or any of Maria’s other books, you will fall hard for Inside Out. I’ve already read it two times because the first time I read it so fast (IT WAS SO GOOD) that I had to read it over again to make sure I didn’t miss anything. So go pick this one up ASAP.



--Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book