Monday, July 2, 2012

My Top 5 YA Dystopian Novels

imageA few days someone had asked me for my favorite Dystopian novels. For some reason I just couldn't think of any. Then when I got home I starting remembering all my favorites. There are just so many and they are all so good. So here are my top 5. 


5. Wither by Lauren Destefano
Finally a dystopian book that is DIFFERENT. As much as I love these futuristic novels that all have the same plot and kick ass characters. In Wither had sister wives. I have to say I've never read a book with that before but it was just so good! I'm about to start Fever now.
My full review of Wither - Audio Book HERE




4. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
This was one of the first dystopians that I read and just fell in love with. A society that thinks of love as a disease, and the main character who has all ways followed the rules falls in love before her surgery. I fell in love with the plot and the characters, the sequel was also just as good. 
My review: Here







3. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
When I read Uglies back in middle school I didn't even know what dystopian was. I just knew that Uglies was a kick-ass book that took place in the future. The world, love story and characters kept me captive. I couldn't think of anything else why I was reading this series. Not many people recommend this one when talking about dystopians because it just slips their mind. However, this is an amazing book that everyone should read. 
Here's my full review: here



2. Shatter Me by TaherahMafi
The writing in Shatter Me is what makes this one stand out. words were crossed out, and it was just Flawless.  Exceptional. Perfect. Brilliant. Outstanding. Wonderful. Breathtaking. Amazing. Incomparable. If I keep going I’m going to run out of adjectives but this just shows how much I am in love with Shatter Me.


Here's a small sample of the writing: 
“Why can he touch me?
Why would he help me?
Does he remember me?
My skin is still steaming.?


Just go read it. NOW.



1. Divergent by Veronica Roth
This will forever be my all time favorite dystopian, is not just over-all novel. I read it in a matter of hours. I just couldn't stop. The plot drew me in and the characters kept me there. I got addicted. It's alittle insane how much I'm in love with this book. It's just one of those novels you can't forget and can read over and over again. 





Another two novels that I loved but didn't make it into the top 5 were Legend by Marie Lu and Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder. Both are amazing, I just didn't have the room on the short list. 






--Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book