Monday, July 19, 2010

Books to Movies

What do Hunger Games, City of Bones and Uglies have in common? They’re all books that are being made into movies. There’s also a long list of other YA books that have been optioned by different film companies. Sometimes this could be a really good thing, like when they get all the characters right, and ACTUALLY stay true to the book.

Books to Movies can also be a bad thing. They could completely change the whole thing. This happened with the Frog Princess, which was made into the movie The Princess and The Frog. They changed every detail of the book, but one (that the 'princess' turns into a frog). When I was younger The Frog Princess was one of my favorite books, so that really upset me. Even though I REALLY enjoyed that movie.

If you want to stay on top of the books to movies news you should go visit The Page to Premiere Network. It started with His Golden Eyes but after Twilight it expanded and this stunning video can explain it much better then me.



What do you think about books being made into movies? Do you love them? Hate them?
And isn't that video AMAZING! I wish I could do that.


--Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book