Saturday, July 24, 2010

Journey To The Past: Well when most people go to the bookstore or library they look at the new releases, but what about all those other books. They deserve some love too. So once a week I write about an older book.



Title: To Catch a Pirate
Author: Jade Parker
Published in: 2007
Summary: When Annalisa Townsend’s ship is set upon by pirates in search of her father’s treasure, one of the crew, James Sterling, discovers her in the hold. When he moves to take her necklace, she begs him not to, as it is all she has left of her mother. He accepts a kiss in exchange for the necklace. “A fair trade, m’lady,” he tells her afterward, before disappearing.

A year later, with a forged letter of marque, Annalisa is intent on hunting down the wretched James Sterling and reclaiming her father’s treasure from him. But now she’s in danger of him stealing something far more vulnerable this time: her heart.


It’s been awhile since I’ve done one of these, sorry. Also this book is on the newer side, but it is one of my all time favorites so I had to write about it.

I’m a huge fan of books and movies about pirates. Sure there isn’t very many of them, but I have watched every Pirates of The Caribbean movie at least 5 times (The first one I’ve seen closer to 50 times). I’m not sure where this obsession comes from, and it’s probably one of the reasons that I started fencing.

To Catch a Pirate caught my attention with the title, and the summary. How can you go wrong with a book about pirates and romance? The adventure through out the book captured me, and has caused me to read, and reread this book. I should warn you that it is one of those short, quick romance novels. At times it’s very predictable and while the ending was so cute (my favorite part) it was very cheesy. This book isn’t for everyone, but if you’re like me and just love a good YA romance book. To Catch a Pirate is one of the best.

--Danielle

I made a new JTTP banner! What do you think? I really didn't like the last one, and this one matches everything else better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book