Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Read-a-Thon

I know it's late, but it's still Tuesday! (well for 40 more minutes) So I'm going to give you an update on what I've read so far. Then do Confessions of a Bookaholic's mini-challenge.

So I didn't actually read any of the books that were on my list yet, hopefully I'll get to them tomorrow.
Yesterday I finished Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins (which I loved)
and today I'm hoping to finish Inside and Out by Maria V. Snyder (I only have a few pages left, and this one was AMAZING)

I've been so busy that I haven't been able to read to much.

So here's the challenge.
1. Tell me what makes you the most emotional when you read it in a book.

It doesn't have to be only negative emotions. Examples: a character never telling a secret, a stubborn character, when they never tell someone how they really feel, a book dealing with loss or death, a book that really had a romance that kept you on the edge of your seat and blushing the entire time, etc.


2. Leave a comment telling me what book has made you the most emotional.
Was there ever a book that had you screaming at the characters or running for some tissues? Or, one that had you so full of emotion you just had to sit it down for a while.Tell us the name of the book, author, and why it made you so emotional. (No spoilers please).

1. Well I always seem to be crying in books, for all different reasons. Mostly when there has been a death, or someone was hurt. Then there's times that I've thrown books across the room because I just get so angry at the characters. Like when they end up with the wrong person, or do something insanely stupid.

2. Every single Lurlene McDaniel book that I've ever read has made me cry. If you have ever read one of her books you'll know what I'm talking about. She writes about very realistic things, so it hurts to know that there are people that have these problems and go through these emotions every day.

Now on the lighter side, Cassandra Clare's book make in very emotional is a different way. If you read City of Bones, Ashes, or Glass, then you know how frustrating Clary and Jace's relationship was. This is one of those books that I have thrown across the room and in City of Ashes I was actually hugging the book just a chapter before.

Okay so now I'll go back to reading...I really want to finish Inside Out tonight, it was really hard to stop reading to go to band practice and then write this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book