Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Where’s your Rating System?


Since I've started my blog I’ve gotten a many questions like this: Where’s your rating system? You forgot to rate the book in this review. Do you need help making a rating system? So I thought I should clear up this confusion.

I don’t rate books in my reviews. Why? Well it’s really hard to explain but I’ll try.

If you saw that someone rated a book with two or one stars, are you likely to pick it up? Probably not, and some people might not even read the review to see why it was rated so low.

Everyone has there own opinion, and everyone likes different kinds of books. I know a few people that like books with predictable plots, that have been used over and over again. I also know people that will only read fantasy and paranormal because they want to read about something new and different.

So what I don't like someone else probably will. In my reviews I’ll write about what I thought was good and bad, so you can chose for yourself if it’s a book you want to read. Without a rating to miss lead you.

I hope this makes sense, and I do love all the comments and emails. So keep writing them, I just wanted to clear this up for you.

--Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book