Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sea (review)


Sea
By: Heidi R. Kling
Amazon
Summary: Haunted by recurring nightmares since her mother’s disappearance over the Indian ocean three years before, fifteen-year old California girl Sienna Jones reluctantly travels with her psychiatrist father’s volunteer team to six-months post-tsunami Indonesia where she meets the scarred and soulful orphaned boy, Deni, who is more like Sea than anyone she has ever met.


She knows they can’t be together, so why can’t she stay away from him? And what about her old best friend-turned-suddenly-hot Spider who may or may not be waiting for her back home? And why won’t her dad tell her the truth about her mother’s plane crash? The farther she gets from home, the closer she comes to finding answers.


And Sea’s real adventure begins.

Review: Sea isn’t a book I wouldn’t normally read but with all the amazing reviews how could I stay away? This was an emotional book, and at times I couldn’t believe Sienna was just fifteen. The same age as me. I would never have the guts to do what she did. I could never face my fears like she did, or go to a completely different country after tragedy like the tsunami. Sienna amazed me, and I hope I can be more like her.

I’m not sure what else I can say besides go out and read this, if you haven’t yet. Sea is a life-changing story with a great plot, characters, and writing. You will cry when Sienna does, and laugh with her too. You’ll never forget the characters that she meets over in Indonesia. Like the cute little Elli, and the mysterious Deni.

Plus just look at that beautiful cover! How could you not want to open it and see what’s inside.

--Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book