Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Don’t Steal Books!

I’m sure you’ve heard about the e-piracy problem by now. The Story Siren (link to post) did a post on this last week, and many authors have talked about it. I’m not going to say too much but everyone should know that it’s WRONG. I just don’t understand how anyone could see a good side to it. An author sat down and wrote a book, most of the time it takes them YEARS to finish. Then you go and steal they’re work.

If you can’t afford to go out and buy every book you want to read, that’s okay! Just go to your local library, and if they don't have the book you want to read then REQUEST IT! The librarians there want to help you, they love to read and see people reading. I’ve requested so many books at my local library. You can also borrow E-BOOKS from many libraries now. So there is no excuse to steal someone’s hard work.

Yes, I know that there are many buttons popping up all over blogs but I still made my own. I love to make things like this. I know it’s not that they're not that good but I had so much fun making them. If you like one of the buttons below you can use the link to post them on your blog or website.

This is an issue that everyone should help to stop. I bet if all the book blogs and authors got together we could really make a difference.
















 
--Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book