Friday, September 3, 2010

Immortal Beloved (review)

Immortal Beloved
(ARC from publisher)
By: Cate Tiernan
Release Date: September 7, 2010
Summary: New name, new town, new life. Nastasya has done it too often to count. And there’s no end in sight. Nothing ever really ends... when you’re immortal. But this time is different: Nastasya knows that this new town must hold her salvation—or her death.

Nastasya has spent the last century living as a spoiled, drugged-out party girl. She feels nothing and cares for no one. But when she witnesses her best friend, a Dark Immortal, torture a human,she realizes something's got to change. She seeks refuge at a rehab for wayward immortals, where she meets the gorgeous, undeniably sexy Reyn, who seems inexplicably linked to her past.Nastasya finally begins to deal with life, and even feels safe--until the night she learns that someone wants her dead

 Review: I’m a huge fan of Cate Tiernan so I’ve been looking forward to Immortal Beloved for awhile now. I was so excited to be able to read it early. The book was definitely different then I thought it was going to be, the cover and summary are slightly misleading. The story was darker then it showed, but after reading the Sweep series by Cate Tiernan I should have expected that.

At times the story moved slowly and not too much happened, but I loved every second. I never got bored even at the slower parts probably because there was so much suspense. You know Nastasya has a secret and that someone is out to get her. It kept me attached to the story and I only put the book down to eat and sleep.

Nastasya’s relationship with Reyn was so intoxicating. The secret behind Reyn plays a big part in the story so I won’t say much. Nastasya herself was an interesting character. I liked her throughout the whole book, and I loved her voice. She was sarcastic and kept me laughing. It added some relief from the suspense. Throughout the story there was flashbacks, I really enjoyed reading about Nastasya during different times. Seeing how she changed and how she hasn’t. They also answered many of the questions that you have about her past.

I would recommend Immortal Beloved to anyone (13+) that loves paranormal mysteries and romance. You will get sucked into the storyline, and keep flipping the pages until you finish. I can’t wait for the next two books in the trilogy; I really want to know what happens next to Nasty and Reyn.

--Danielle

P.S. I just wanted to let you know I have picked a winner for my 100 followers contest, and I would have posted about it but she didn't want her name anounced. If you didn't win keep an eye out for some more giveaways coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book