Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Songs For A Teenage Nomad

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Right now I’m reading Songs for a Teenage Nomad by Kim Culbertson.

Teaser: Outside, drowning out the sound of the gulls, I pull on my head phones--- Jack Johnson's guitar soothing the frenzy of the nerves in my gut--- and begin the eight-block walk to school, buoyed by the cool sea air. I take in the green hills and the small, flat-roofed houses, and spot a flash of ocean as I round the last corner toward the school. It's actually one of the more beautiful places we've landed, and I sigh, wondering how long I'll get to have this view.

pg. 5 and 6

I just started and I"m already loving this book. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a review of Clockwork Angel up.

This is my first full week of school and hopefully I'll have more time to read soon. It's hard with all the school work and band stuff. I actually just found out my marching band is going to be in the PA Thanksgiving Parade. It's not NY but I'm still very excited for it. :)

--Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book