Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Introducing Alyssa and Marissa New Bloggers for With A Book!


Thursday's on With A Book will now be run my Alyssa and Marissa!  Here's their introduction post.
 
Marissa (left in white) and Alyssa (right in black) in the BookCon line
Alyssa:
Hello beautiful followers of With A Book! My name is Alyssa and I’m super excited to start writing posts on this blog. I was Danielle’s roommate this past year at the university we both attend, and she’s told me a lot about what she does as a blogger. She even invited me to BookCon, which I never would have known about otherwise!


Danielle has invited Marissa and me to start adding reviews and things to With a Book, and I’m oh-so thankful for the opportunity. You can almost always catch me reading something fantastical or dystopian, but there are times when I’m in the mood for a really great realistic and relatable type thing. I’m mostly going to write about the books I’m reading, but occasionally I’ll post some other fun things! Right now I’m just going to start somewhere and get a feel for things from there.

Marissa (left) and Alyssa (right)with their BookCon
badges
A couple of my all-time favorite series are Harry Potter and Percy Jackson and the Olympians (as well as Heroes of Olympus). There are endless others I could profess my love about, but those two (three?) take my top spots. The abundance of Harry Potter merch I own is a perfect indication of that! I plan on rereading both of these series very soon. I always find something new and exciting about them!
OH! A recent favorite is The Vampire Academy series. That needs to be said! And credit needs to be given to Ms. Danielle here for showing me the light.

Anyway. I’m currently reading the Hush, Hush saga, and I’m on book 3. Hopefully finishing that soon so I can get to all my BookCon stuff!I feel like I don’t really have many hobbies other than reading and watching TV, which I do a whole lot of. I did recently get a ukulele so I’m trying to learn to play that!

I think my portion of this post is quite on the long side, but that’s to give you an idea of who’s invading your usual material from With A Book. Hopefully you haven’t died of boredom at this point. Thanks for reading!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marissa:

Me (left), Marissa (center), Alyssa (right)
in line for BookCon
Hey there book people! My name is Marissa.  I am a Music Education major, my concentration on the flute. Music is one of my biggest passions, hobbies, lifestyle etc. I am obsessed with the color of purple, and I am in the process of developing my coffee mug collection. I also have a terrible caffeine addiction, thus the necessity for the mug collection. I also am in the process of binge watching Doctor Who.  have been friends with Danielle since middle school, and she has told me a lot about her various blogging adventures. She even took me to Book Con this year, and that’s where we got the idea to start blogging for her.  I am really excited to work with Alyssa, and review some awesome books for you all. I am going to start out reviewing some books for you all, and then who knows what, I am just going to see where the wind takes me.  
I mainly read Young Adult novels, and I am really into fantasy and science fiction books. My tastes vary from raw, angsty teen, coming of age stuff to fantasy, vampires, and witches saving the world type stuff, depending on my mood. Because I am a nerd like that. The last book I read was John Green’s Looking for Alaska, going with more of the teen angst side of the spectrum. I have really been into John Green ever since reading The Fault in Our Stars a few months ago.  My favorite books include Pride and Prejudice, and One Day by David Nicholls.  I also had a phase as a die-hard Twilight fan, not going to lie. I got a whole bunch of books at Book Con last week , so once I figure out where to start, I am going to be reading those. Danielle was lovely enough to give Alyssa and I a shot at reviewing some books for her, so I look forward to reading some good books, and sharing my opinions on them.  Thank you for putting up with my little rant, more interesting stuff to come!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Next Thursday Alyssa will be here with her first review!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Welcome. We're looking forward to your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book