Friday, June 6, 2014

Movie Review: The Fault In Our Stars


This is the best book to movie adaption I have ever seen. They were so true to the book at every second of this movie. John Green had a huge impact in making The Fault in our Stars into a film and you can tell. The director really worked with him to stay true to the book and it made a fantastic movie.

The acting was perfect. I couldn't imagine a better Hazel
and Gus. They made this book look and feel so real. I cried when they did and laughed along with them. There's so many things that really made this movie perfect, but the casting director did an amazing job picking the leads. However, Isaac was my favorite. While he didn't have a big role in the movie I loved ever second that he was on screen.

This movie really felt like the book, and that's all you can really ask for. My favorite scene was when Hazel, Gus and Isaac egg Monica's car. It's a great comedic relief at that point in the movie and book. I think they did a great job with it, I was laughing through my tears. I also never cry during movies, maybe I'll tear up but I never cry. I didn't even cry during the Titanic or the Notebook but this movie just felt so real that I couldn't stop the tears.

The TFIOS tissues would actually be really helpful for this film. Make sure you go and see it if you have read the book because I don't think there will ever be a better book to movie adaption as The Fault in our Stars. (Unless they let John Green help out with ever book to movie adaption).

--Danielle

1 comment:

  1. Sooooo glad to hear it was good! Not going to lie, we're nervous. ;P

    ReplyDelete

Follow With A Book on Tumblr!

http://www.with-a-book.tumblr.com/

and now on instagram!
@with_a_book